Talk – Thanks for Nothing and Perrotin partner to support the Fonds de dotation Merci
Wednesday, May 25th, 2022
Musée national Picasso-Paris
2022 & 2023: A NEW COLLABORATION BETWEEN THANKS FOR NOTHING AND PERROTIN IN SUPPORT OF THE MERCI ENDOWMENT FUND
In 2022 and 2023, the Perrotin gallery and the artists are committed to supporting the actions of the Merci Endowment Fund.
Firstly, through the sale of the following artworks:
- Busto II (2022) by Cristina BanBan
- Just to Be Festive (2022) by Genesis Belanger
Secondly, by organizing an art and solidarity raffle on Wednesday, July 5th, 2023: a total of over 70 prizes to be won, donated by Perrotin, including 1 original painting by Jean-Philippe Delhomme, Fransiska in grey (2021)!
For this new collaboration, Thanks for Nothing organized a talk to launch the project at the Musée national Picasso-Paris on Wednesday, May 25th, 2022, in the presence of the following personalities:
- Cécile Debray, President, Musée national Picasso-Paris
- Cécile Godefroy, Director of the Centre d’études Picasso, art historian and curator
- Giulia Andreani, Artist, Galerie Max Hetzler and supporter of the charity sale in 2020
- Babi Badalov, Artist, Galerie Poggi and supporter of the sale in 2020
- Cristina BanBan, Artist, Galerie Perrotin and support for the project in 2022
- Julien Cohen, Administrator and volunteer Director, Fonds de dotation Merci
- Chloé Freoa, Executive Director, Fonds de dotation Merci
- Emmanuel Perrotin, Founder, galerie Perrotin
All profits were donated to the Fonds de dotation Merci, and were used to finance the “Horizon” project for the reception and inclusion of refugees in France, based on their skills.
LOOKBACK ON THE 10 YEARS OF THE FONDS DE DOTATION MERCI
In 2019 and 2020, Thanks for Nothing organized the 10th anniversary of the Fonds de dotation Merci, which raised over 300,000 euros.
- 100% of prizes sold
- 262 710€ raised, i.e. 1.5 times the estimated result
- 356 bids placed by over 80 international bidders
ABOUT THE FONDS DE DOTATION MERCI
Founded in 2009 by the Cohen family, entrepreneurs and founders of the Bonpoint brand, the Fonds de dotation Merci works to enable women, men and children to build a future for themselves, by improving their living conditions in educational, social, health, economic and cultural areas.
The Fonds de dotation Merci’s actions focus on three missions:
- Education in Madagascar: construction of 6 elementary school, 2 middle schools and 1 high school, providing schooling for 3,500 children.
- Ecological transition with the Ferme de l’envol – a large-scale agroecological farm in the Paris region – and the Bluebees participative financing platform dedicated to committed projects.
- Integration of refugees: development of the Horizon project to revitalize a rural area by enabling refugees to set up businesses based on their know-how.